Google Analytics Plugin
Asynchronous Google Analytics Plugin is a plugin which will be able to track your website users and write the necessary data to your Google Analytics account. Before being able to install and use this plugin, you will need a GA account! Contrary to what is indicated in the web installation preview, there still is a free version which we will install.
As usual, we will work with 3 parts, which are
- Pre Installation Process
This part will describe what you have to do before you can actually install the plugin
- Installation Process
This part will of course describe the steps in the installation process of the plugin itself
- Post Installation Process
where we will walk through the steps necessary to make the plugin available on all pages, menus, ... so it can be used throughout the site.
- Log in to the Administration Panel of your website
- Go to Extensions > Extensions Manager
- Search for 'Asynchronous Google Analytics'
- Click on the 'Asynchronous GA Plugin' link to go to the download screen
- Click on the Install Button
Everything goes automatic
- After the installation, you just need a limited configuraton before you can start using your plugin. Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager
- Search for 'Google'
- Click the 'System - Google Analtyics' plugin
- Enable the Plugin
- Provide the necessary data to link he plugin with your GA account.